Skip to main content

Honest Prayer

1 Peter 4:7
“But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.”
Honesty is the foundation of our relationship with the Lord. Being honest allows us to go deep, and the deeper we go with the Lord, the deeper He is able to go with us. It is only when we stop being honest that we begin to suffer the repercussions of falling short of His truth and allow the enemy to creep in. How often do we seek the Lord only for what He can provide for us instead of seeking Him for who He is and the wise counsel He offers to those who love Him? There is so much more that the Lord has to offer us in this life if only we are willing to go deep which begins with prayer, with being in constant communication with the Lord. These past few weeks have been filled with trials and tribulations in which the Lord has revealed to me the importance of being honest with Him, praying prayers with meaning rather than just spouting empty words. He has proven to me that when I am honest with Him, I am able to be honest with those around me as well. Though it is not an easy task, but being honest with those around me is needed to surface what has been hidden in darkness for far too long. I have noticed in my own walk that when my honesty with the Lord ceases, my honesty with others does too and I become bitter, tightening the lid on my heart that the Lord has worked so diligently to loosen. Let not bitterness accurate because we have a difficult day and do not feel like unpacking it. Where can growth spurt from if we keep out struggles hidden deep within the crevices of our bones? We must continue to approach His throne boldly rather than close ourselves off from He who is able to give us the counsel we so desperately desire. 

Application
This week, I will pray with my team Uganda girls every night before bed to allow for honesty in our relationships with the Lord and one another. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vision for Success

Acts 5:29 “Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings!” Peter is referring to the high priest who is accusing the apostles of teaching the word of Jesus Christ to Jerusalem when He specifically ordered them not to. Peter follows this rebuke with, “We must obey God rather than human beings!” There is only One in which we are to obey fully, and He is the Man who bled and died. Regardless of how mighty someone is placed in the world, the Lord knows everyone for who they are, sinners in need of a savior. Everyone has their alcohol, even those in authority. How can we obey authority that sins? Romans 13:1 says, “Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established.” Everyone submits to someone because without authority, there is no order, and without order, there is chaos. However, there is a difference between godly authority and worldly authority. The difference is godly authority

Picture Perfect

Philippians 1:6 “being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a god work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.” They say that good things take time but to be completely and utterly transformed into the likeness of Jesus takes a lifetime. I will never reach perfection until I meet Jesus face to face at the gates of eternal paradise but this by no means indicates that He will keep me at a standstill. In fact, with confidence I am able to state that by His gracious hand, a good work has indeed begun within me and will continue as long as I remain willing. I have recently been reading “The Making of a Man of God”, written by Alan Redpath, which gives a clear summary of what having a willing heart looks like, stating: “Let a man be right with God, reconciled through the blood of the cross, humbled at the foot of Calvary; let him be broken, coming to God guilty and hopeless and needy; and at that moment God takes hold of him and transforms and uses all his

Overwhelming Conflict

Psalms 91:2 “I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.””  This past Sunday, team Uganda had the privilege to lead the two church services. From worship to the sermon, the Lord was present. Having never sung in front of really anyone to being on the worship team and having not one, but two solos, was rather frightening. In addition to having a spirit of fear, the morning of, I was faced with a myriad of conflict as a glob of toothpaste dropped slyly onto the shirt I was planning on wearing, I did not have a necklace to match the shirt I then had to put on, and I ran out of time for curling my hair and ironing my skirt. I knew the enemy was seeking to do whatever he could to focus my eyes on myself rather than on what the Lord was attempting to do in and through me for that day, but I was already defeated and left wondering how a day that had begun so terribly could have a positive outcome. I needed a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit f