Skip to main content

Picture Perfect

Philippians 1:6
“being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a god work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.”
They say that good things take time but to be completely and utterly transformed into the likeness of Jesus takes a lifetime. I will never reach perfection until I meet Jesus face to face at the gates of eternal paradise but this by no means indicates that He will keep me at a standstill. In fact, with confidence I am able to state that by His gracious hand, a good work has indeed begun within me and will continue as long as I remain willing. I have recently been reading “The Making of a Man of God”, written by Alan Redpath, which gives a clear summary of what having a willing heart looks like, stating: “Let a man be right with God, reconciled through the blood of the cross, humbled at the foot of Calvary; let him be broken, coming to God guilty and hopeless and needy; and at that moment God takes hold of him and transforms and uses all his gifts and qualities, until that man becomes a mighty influence.” To remain willing means being humbled before the Lord, accepting that I can do absolutely nothing in my own strength and admitting that I need a Savior to save me from myself. With my willingness to surrender, the Lord has given me such freedom in many areas that I was incapable of conquering. Through His overflowing Spirit, I am no longer in bondage to a past that has kept me suffocated in fear and trembling for far too long. With the amount of blessings that have been poured out on me, I can give nothing but thanksgiving to the One whose gracious hand has been upon me. 

Application
Everyday this week, I will take a picture of a good thing to remind me that the Lord is doing a good work in my life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vision for Success

Acts 5:29 “Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings!” Peter is referring to the high priest who is accusing the apostles of teaching the word of Jesus Christ to Jerusalem when He specifically ordered them not to. Peter follows this rebuke with, “We must obey God rather than human beings!” There is only One in which we are to obey fully, and He is the Man who bled and died. Regardless of how mighty someone is placed in the world, the Lord knows everyone for who they are, sinners in need of a savior. Everyone has their alcohol, even those in authority. How can we obey authority that sins? Romans 13:1 says, “Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established.” Everyone submits to someone because without authority, there is no order, and without order, there is chaos. However, there is a difference between godly authority and worldly authority. The difference is godly authority

The Constant Battle

Proverbs 12:1 “Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid.” To love instruction is to appreciate knowing the difference between how to succeed and how to fail. Of course, as fallen people we fail everyday, but to have been told blatant instruction, choose to do the opposite, and rebel against the rebuke that follows is, how Proverbs 12:1 puts it, “stupid.” Sometimes our pride causes difficulty in listening to the instruction of others simply because we feel that there is no better way than our own. Then, when we find ourselves being corrected for not following the instruction given to us, we become angry. Most often times, if the Lord is not speaking directly to us through His Word, He places specific people in our lives to give us instruction for our own benefit so that we may grow in wisdom and knowledge. When we do not listen, we are actively ignoring the instruction of the Almighty authority since He is who placed the instruction for us to