Skip to main content

The Ultimate Comforter

2 Corinthians 13:11
“Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.”
Acts 14:22 says, “We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God.” My sweet, sweet pupup recently passed away and it has been a challenging time for my family and I. Before I left for home, I was so encouraged by my classmates who showed me an abundance of love and sorrow for my loss. I had never experienced love in a way and manner that I had with them just a few days ago and even now, the leaders of IGNITE and the staff of Potter’s Field Ministries continue to send me their sincerest condolences, reminding me that I have an army praying for me back in Montana. The Lord never ceases to amaze me with the small, yet big ways He shows His love through others. Often times, when we face hardships, we tend to forget that our Heavenly Father is always with us and He is for us. After I received the message that my pupup had passed, I opened my Bible to Exodus 14, where Moses parted the Red Sea. I soon came to verse 13 which reads, “Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today.”” As I was reading this chapter of Exodus, the song “No Longer Slaves” by No Longer They began to play on my iPod. For those of you who have never heard that song, the bridge sings, “You split the sea so I could walk right through it, my fears were drowned in perfect love; you rescued me and I will stand and sing: I am a child of God.” Let us never lose hope that the Lord is the ultimate comforter and that when we reach out to Him in times of need, He responds in the sweetest ways. 

Application
This week, as I grieve the passing of my pupup, I will stay close to the Lord and reach out to Him for comfort. 
- Pupup, thank you for giving my love for the beach, for always making sure we had enough to eat, and for always remember the good times. I pray that you are resting in the arms of Jesus, I love you. -

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purposeful Waiting

Lamentations 3:25 “The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him.” Waiting is difficult. So much so that waiting on the Lord seems almost unbearable. Because of my fallen nature, my mind is consumed with self, focusing on fulfilling the desires of my own heart rather than walking the path of righteousness that the Lord has set forth in front of me. Why? Because I assume that the plans which I create for myself are better than the plans of the One who created me. The Lord knows the desires of my heart, He placed them there purposefully. If only I would surrender them to Him, waiting on His good and perfect timing would not become such a heartache. I would not have to bear the consequences of wrongful decisions because my reliance and trust that the Lord is going to provide for me will prevent me from falling into the lie that compromise is okay. Compromise is the enemy receiving victory as I settle for less than what the Lord so desperately wants to give me ...

Running For His Glory

1 Corinthians 9:24-27 “Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore, I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: Not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.” “Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run such a way that you may obtain it.” Matthew 22:14 sheds light on these verses as it states that, “Many are called but few are chosen.” Many are called to know Christ but few will choose the narrow path to follow HIm. The Christian life is difficult and being disciplined in the Lord can oftentimes give people a twisted perspective regarding who He really is. The Bible to some can seem like a ...

Peace, Be Still

Psalms 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God.” With less than one week left in Uganda, I am faced with the dire fact that a flood of goodbyes awaits me. How do I say goodbye to a country that I have fallen in love with over the course of is months? Be still. How do I readjust to the American way of living without falling back into habits of old? Be still. The Lord has given me the comforting words of Psalms 121:8, which has given me the strength to be confident in knowing that the Lord is in control, promising to preserve me in my coming and my going. Saying goodbye has never been and will never become easy, but there is peace in knowing that the Lord has confirmed the end of this season to begin the next. There is peace in knowing that it is not goodbye, but see you soon. There is peace in the stillness of trusting that God’s plan for my life is always in my best interest even heartache is involved. I remember quite fondly a time where I was not interested in coming to Africa a...